Generating a CSR in IIS 7
Here is an article from Microsoft. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732906(v=ws.10).aspx
- Click Start, then Administrative Tools, then Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Click on the server name.
- From the center menu, double-click the "Server Certificates" button in the "Security" section (it is near the bottom of the menu).
- Next, from the "Actions" menu (on the right), click on "Create Certificate Request." This will open the Request Certificate wizard.
- In the "Distinguished Name Properties" window, enter the information as follows:
- Common Name- The name through which the certificate will be accessed (usually the fully-qualified domain name, e.g., www.domain.com or mail.domain.com).
- Organization- The legally registered name of your organization/company.
- Organizational unit- The name of your department within the organization (frequently this entry will be listed as "IT," "Web Security," or is simply left blank).
- City/locality- The city in which your organization is located.
- State/province- The state in which your organization is located.
- Country/region - US etc
- Click Next.
- In the "Cryptographic Service Provider Properties" window, enter the following information and then, click Next:
- Cryptographic service provider - In the drop-down list, select Microsoft RSA SChannel..., unless you have a specific cryptographic provider.
- Bit length - In the drop-down list, select 2048 (or higher).
- Enter a filename for your CSR file.
Remember the filename that you choose and the location to which you save it. You will need to open this file as a text file and copy the entire body of it (including the Begin and End Certificate Request tags) into the online order process when prompted.
- After you receive your SSL Certificate from DigiCert, you can install it.